Virtru Data Protection Gateway automatically protects email and attachments shared by unprotected endpoints and applications (custom internal applications, or enterprise SaaS applications for CRM, IT helpdesk, human resources, etc.). Flexible, hosted deployments align with your current applications and workflows so you can realize the full potential of your existing tools.
Automatic Protection for Private, Compliant Sharing Workflows
Keep communications with patients, customers, and colleagues private.
Maintain compliance with data privacy regulations such as HIPAA, GDPR, PCI, and CCPA.
Protect internal and external sharing workflows with coworkers and partners.
Keep Your Emails Private, Compliant, and Secure
- Protect messages sent and received by custom applications or SaaS apps like Salesforce and Zendesk, without disrupting existing processes.
- Enforce DLP policies by scanning email and attachments for sensitive data then adding protection and controls (e.g. access expiration, disable forwarding, attachment watermarking).
- Enable seamless, secure external recipient access and response workflows, without requiring new accounts, passwords, or software.
- Support rapid time-to-value and reduce IT overhead with hosted deployments and seamless integrations with existing mail flow infrastructure.
- Outbound encryption protects emails and files before they leave your domain to ensure communications stay compliant, private, and secure.
- Inbound decryption enables plaintext scanning by an application or MTA before it enters your domain for anti-malware, anti-spam, and content compliance.
- Outbound decryption and archiving allows emails to be copied and sent to archives to support eDiscovery and audit reporting processes.
- Inbound encryption secures PII and PHI within incoming messages sent from patients, customers, and partners, to ensure compliance.
“The Virtru Data Protection Gateway has been a game changer for our organization, giving power back to our security team while not inhibiting our users. Deployment went incredibly smoothly, fitting seamlessly with our existing workflows while automatically protecting data organization-wide.”
– Charles Brehm, IT Manager, Service Coordination, Inc.