If you’ve logged into the Secure Reader previously with a different email address, your browser may have defaulted to that address’s credentials instead of the address that received the current email. Check which account is currently logged in via the menu in the top right corner of the Secure Reader. If that’s not the address to which the email was sent, simply click that menu and select the proper address. If you’re not granted access immediately, just refresh the page.
If you need to update your Virtru extension or app, please see instructions below for the various platforms and clients.
1) Open the App Store app.
2) Select “Updates” from the bottom menu.
3) Tap “Update” beside Virtru App.
1) Click on “Virtru” at the top of your inbox.
2) Select “Options”
3) Click “Check for Updates” and follow prompts to update.
**Please note Yahoo Mail is no longer supported by Virtru. For a list of platforms we do support, please go here.
1) Paste “chrome://extensions” into your Chrome browser address field (without the quotes), hit Enter.
2) Click “Developer mode”.
3) Click “Update extensions now”.
1) Paste “about:addons” into your Firefox browser address field (without the quotes), hit Enter.
2) Click “Remove” next to the Virtru extension. If that doesn’t work, try the steps detailed here: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/disable-or-remove-add-ons
3) Re-install the extension here: https://www.virtru.com/get-secure-email/
1) Open the Google Play Store app.
2) Tap Menu Menu > and then My apps & games.
3) Tap “Update” beside Virtru App.
For most recipients, issues opening your secure emails can be resolved by making a few small changes to their browser settings. For recipients in Chrome, Firefox, or Safari, they’ll just need to make sure they’re not using Private browsing and that cookies are enabled. Here’s how to enable cookies in each of those browsers:
For users in Internet Explorer, there are a few more settings that can get in the way. Here are the settings that we recommend:
>> Internet Options > Privacy > Advanced: Accept cookies from both first- and third-party sites.
>> Internet Options > Security > Set to “Medium-High” or lower.
>> Compatibility View settings > Ensure Virtru is not on this list, and the box next to “Use Microsoft compatibility lists” is unchecked.
>> Internet Options > Security > Trusted Sites > Sites > Add https://*.virtru.com
If Virtru suddenly disappears from Chrome, the extension has failed to properly “hook” into the Gmail interface. To get Virtru back:
1) Open your extensions page at chrome://extensions
2) Click the Trash icon next to Virtru to uninstall
3) Reinstall Virtru from www.virtru.com/get-secure-email
4) Refresh Gmail
If you are using Gmail and our IOS app and you’re not seeing Virtru emails that you’re sure you’ve sent in your sent folder, and/or your trash folder does not contain item you deleted and/or items are not staying deleted we found two possible causes.
The two most likely causes are:
1. You have a filter setup to delete messages sent from your address. To check, go ahead and navigate to the gear icon > Settings > Filters. From there, go ahead and remove any filters that include your own address and have “Delete” in them. Also check any other filters that include the “Delete” command, in case they are catching more mail than they should.
2. It’s also possible that your IMAP settings for those folders you are having issues with are not set up for IMAP. To verify that IMAP is enabled see the attached screenshot. Make sure those folders are checked. This can be found in your Gmail account at gear icon > Labels > Filters.
TO UNINSTALL AN OLDER VERSION OF VIRTRU FROM THE FIREFOX BROWSER:
1. Select the Menu button (the three bar icon) at the top right of the page.
2. Click the button labeled “Add-ons” (the puzzle piece icon).
3. A new page will open. In the left-hand column, select “Extensions”.
4. Find the Virtru extension and click “Remove”. If you wish to reinstall the extension, visit virtruprod.wpengine.com.