How do I Install and Activate Virtru for Outlook?
Downloading the Virtru extension is a quick and free way to secure your personal emails in Outlook, as well as benefit from the various security features Virtru offers. Please note that before you begin installation, you must close Outlook in order for the extension to apply.
Here’s a demo of how to get started installing and activating Virtru for Outlook. If you prefer screenshots, please see below.
To download Virtru for Outlook:
1. Visit virtru.com/secure-email/, scroll down to “Virtru for Outlook”, then click “Download”.
2. Wait for the application to finish downloading, then follow your browser’s instructions to run the application. A screen will open requesting your permission to run the file. Click “Run”.
4. Once the installation is complete, select “Finish”.
5. After installing the Virtru extension, Outlook should open automatically. You can now activate Virtru for your Microsoft Office Outlook account:
6. A message will pop up requesting your authorization. Click “Authorize Me”.
Before Virtru finishes activation, a confirmation email will briefly pop up and then auto-delete. If this email arrives but is not deleted, your activation has not completed successfully. Visit this page if your email isn’t being deleted.
After you receive that email, you will see the Activation Success dialogue box that will walk you through some helpful information, regarding Virtru’s features and security options.
For more information and management of Virtru extension, visit the “Virtru” tab on the toolbar. For any questions or issues regarding installation and activation, please contact us here.
That’s it! You’re all set to start composing and sending secure with Virtru in Outlook. Here’s a preview of what that looks like. *Note that Virtru is turned On in this screenshot:
Still have questions? We’re here and happy to help.