How do I install and activate Virtru on Chrome?
Downloading the Virtru extension is a quick and free way to secure your personal emails, as well as benefit from the various security features Virtru offers. For browser-operated email providers, the Virtru extension must be added to the browser before Virtru can be activated for the email account.
Please note: Virtru will only work for email accounts opened in the browser with the extension. For example, if the extension is added to a Chrome browser, your email account must also be accessed through Chrome. For further installation and activation instructions, watch our video or follow the steps below.
TO INSTALL THE EXTENSION ON CHROME:
1. Open the Chrome browser, visit our website, www.virtru.com/secure-email/ and click “Add to Chrome.”
2. A window displaying the extension will open. Select “Add”.
3. Once the extension has finished installing, you will receive a message stating so.
TO ACTIVATE VIRTRU FOR YOUR EMAIL ACCOUNT:
1. Open your email in Chrome and click the button to compose a new email.
2.Click the button that says “Activate [your email account]”.
3. Once the email has activated, you will be able to compose emails using the features on the Virtru protection bar, as well as read emails that have been protected by Virtru.
4. For more information and management of Virtru extension, visit the “Virtru” icon at the top-right of the browser. For any questions or issues regarding installation and activation, please contact us here: https://virtru.desk.com/customer/portal/emails/new .