If I don’t have Virtru installed how do I open, read and reply to a Virtru secure email?
If you have received an email which the sender has encrypted with Virtru, but you do not have Virtru installed on your browser, you will need to use Virtru’s Secure Reader to read the email and open any attachments. But don’t worry, there is no installation and no clunky process.
Simply check out our quick video or follow along step-by-step (instructions below), and you will be reading emails, downloading attachments, and replying securely in no time.
Instructions to securely read the email:
1. Click the button labeled “Unlock Message”. A new tab will open.
2. Within this tab, you are asked to select your email account. If your email is not listed, click “My Email is not here” and enter your email information.
3. In order to verify your identity, you are given two options. If you’d rather receive an email to verify your identity, click “Send Me an Email.” Logging in with Google? Please skip ahead to Step 6.
4. You will receive a message instructing you to return to your inbox for the activation email. Please note that the activation email must be opened in the browser indicated in the email title.
5. The body of the email will contain a message with information regarding the activation process and the selected browser. Complete the activation process by clicking the button labeled, “Verify Me”.
6. A new tab titled “Secure Reader | Virtru” will open. Within this tab, you can now read the sender’s original message displayed in Virtru’s Secure Reader.
7. If you wish to respond securely to the email, you can either compose a quick reply at the bottom of the screen or click “Secure Reply” at the top.
8. At the top left of the Reply box, you can select whether to reply to the sender only or all of the recipients on the email by selecting the “Reply” option. After you finish composing your message, click “Send Secure Reply”.
If a recipient wishes to secure reply with an attachment, they can do this by selecting “Add Attachment”, selecting the file they wish to send before hitting “Send Secure Reply”.