How should I let my team know that they need to download the Virtru add-in to start sending their own encrypted emails?
Subject: New Email Tool for Outlook
I want to introduce you to, Virtru, an Outlook add-in that we will be using to encrypt our emails and attachments. You can use Virtru to send encrypted messages without ever leaving your inbox – and without your recipients downloading any software or creating any passwords.
Follow the quick steps below to get started, or check out this Getting Started video playlist which will show you how to install, activate, use all of Virtru Pro features in just 5 minutes. Download the Quick Start Guide to Virtru for Outlook here.
To install Virtru for Outlook:
- Visit Virtru’s website, scroll down to the option labeled “Outlook 2010, 2013 & 2016”, then click “Install”.
- Wait for the application to finish downloading, then follow your browser’s instructions to run the application. A screen will open requesting your permission to run the file. Click “Run”.
- A window for installation set-up will open. After it finishes preparing to install, click “Next”.
- Once the installation is complete, select “Finish”.
- When you’re done installing, it’s time to activate Virtru. Here’s how to do that.
- When you’re in Outlook, you’ll want to turn Virtru On in the compose screen:
You have the option of turning Virtru on or off whenever you go to compose a new email.
Please let me know if you have questions, or reach out to Virtru support directly. I’ve included an email template below that you can use to alert any recipients to whom you’ll be sending Virtru emails frequently.
Your Friendly IT Admin
Recipient Intro Email:
Subject: [YOUR COMPANY’S NAME]’s New Email Tool
Hi [YOUR RECIPIENT’S NAME],
Some of the emails I’ll be sending to you might look a bit different going forward, and I want to let you know why.
We recently adopted a new tool called Virtru here at [YOUR COMPANY’S NAME]’ to encrypt our emails and attachments. Virtru makes it easy for us to share sensitive information with you in a safe and compliant manner.
When you receive a message from me that was encrypted with Virtru, it will look similar to this:
From here, all you need to do is click ‘Unlock Message’ and follow the prompts that appear. You don’t have to create any new passwords or accounts, or go to a portal. It’s super easy.
If you want to read and respond to my Virtru messages directly from your inbox, you can download Virtru’s free product here. Otherwise, you can access my messages from your web browser using the above instructions – as long as you are not using Internet Explorer 9 or older.
[YOUR COMPANY’S NAME]’ has benefited from the easy protection Virtru provides. I hope you will, too.
Please email or call me with any questions, and check out Virtru’s FAQ page if needed.
[YOUR PHONE NUMBER]