How to Install and Activate Virtru for OWA (Office 365)
To see how to install and activate Virtru for OWA for Office 365, watch this video, or scroll below for step-by-step instructions.
*Please note that Virtru’s OWA extension currently only works with Google Chrome.
*To access Virtru’s OWA extension from the Google Chrome Web Store, you must first gain access to the download link from a Virtru Representative (or from your Organization’s Administrator).
- Click on the download link and you’ll be taken to the Install page on in the Chrome Web Store. Begin by clicking “Add to Chrome”, and then continue installation by clicking “Add Extension”.
2. A new tab will open indicating that Virtru has been installed and will allow you to redirect to your email.
3. Once you have opened OWA, you will be greeted with a pop up. Click “Activate Virtru”.
4. A new tab will open, asking for your permission to integrate the app with your email. For more information, click “More Details. When you’re ready, click “Accept”.
Once activated you are all set to start sending secure emails with Virtru for OWA. Here’s how:
- Click “New” to compose your message and switch the Virtru Toggle “ON”.
2. You’ll then have the option of selecting from a number of security options from the drop down such as Disable Forwarding, Message Expiration and PDF Watermarking. Select any features you wish to enable.
3. Fill in your email message, and then add any attachments. When you’re ready to send, hit “Send Secure”.
And that’s it! Please don’t hesitate to contact us, if you have any questions.