Virtru keeps getting moved to inactive add-ins. When I re-enable it, it stays inactive when I reopen Outlook.
Outlook’s resiliency settings control which add-ins are loaded at startup. If Virtru is consistently being returned to the Inactive state, you’ll need to reset those resiliency settings.
1) Uninstall Virtru from Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features.
2) Open your Run menu and type ‘regedit’ (no quotes) and hit enter.
3) In the window that opens, click HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Microsoft > Office > [your version number]*** > Outlook > Resiliency > Disabled Items.
4) Delete the REG_BINARY file; the filename will be a string of numbers and letters. Leave the (Default) file intact.
5) Reinstall Virtru from www.virtru.com/get-secure-email
***Note that under ‘Office’, the numbers 16.0, 15.0, 14.0, and 13.0 refer to the version of Outlook; 16.0 for 2016, 15.0 for 2013, 14.0 for 2010, etc, so make sure to use the one that corresponds to the version of Outlook on that computer.