The International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR) regulates technical data used for the development and manufacture of defense articles and services. Previous rules prevented technical data from being stored and shared in cloud environments due to export risks, but a new rule allows technical data protected with end-to-end encryption to be stored and shared in the cloud.
This free webinar, featuring ITAR expert and export compliance thought leader Robert Monjay, reviews how the new ITAR rule, effective March 25th, is poised to unlock productivity and enable new digital workflows that modernize the defense industrial base and supply chain.
What You’ll Learn:
- How ITAR’s overarching goals reinforce US national security and foreign policy.
- How various agencies support ITAR and similar regulations, while reviewing key terms and concepts (e.g. USML, technical data, export controls).
- How compliance requirements and concerns are affected by the electronic storage and transmission of ITAR technical data.
- How the new “ITAR Encryption Carve-Out” will transform digital supply chain workflows and unlock productivity.
- How to implement a robust ITAR compliance strategy with processes, policies, and technology that use end-to-end encryption to keep technical data compliant throughout your supply chain.
- How to support ITAR compliance with solutions from Google G Suite, and Maven Wave and Virtru, Google’s recommended partners for cloud migration and encryption in G Suite.