Securing Your Government Data in the Cloud
It’s no surprise that you have concerns about the privacy and security of sensitive data in the cloud. In 2019, there was more data stolen than ever before, with a total of 7.9 billion records compromised. Without the right privacy controls, data security policies, and technology in place, your data is at risk of being breached.
- Data breaches in the public sector cost taxpayers upwards of $1.35 billion in one year alone.
- Data breaches are 2.5 times more likely to go undetected for long periods of time relative to other sectors.
- State governments allocate $54.5 billion to IT security spend while local governments allocate $53.1 billion.
Balancing Data Privacy with Secure Access
- Government agencies must consider citizens’ data privacy rights while ensuring that health, safety, and municipal requirements are fulfilled.
- To provide constituent aid, government agencies must be able to securely share sensitive information, such as PII and PHI.
This level of security, privacy, and accessibility requires the implementation of new digital workflows and cloud-based infrastructures.
Download the infographic to learn more about managing sensitive government data in the cloud.