Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.
What Are Cookies?
A cookie is a small file that can be stored on your computer or mobile device by Virtru or by third parties when you use the Site.
Types of Cookies
Cookies can be in the form of session cookies or persistent cookies. Session cookies are deleted from your computer or mobile device when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer or mobile device until deleted or until they reach their expiration date.
Browser Independent cookies, such as local and/or session storage and interaction requests store certain data on your computer or mobile device with no expiration date. Despite the fact that these requests do not set any cookies, they can still transfer information to first or third parties.
Source of Cookies
- First Party (Virtru): First party cookies are set by Virtru and can only be read by the Site. They are commonly required for the Site to function.
- Third Parties: Cookies may be set by third parties, such as analytics and advertising companies. These cookies get re-read during visits to other services if the other services also do business with these companies.
To learn more about cookies, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
Categories of Cookies
We use the following categories of cookies on the Site for the following purposes:
- Strictly necessary / Essential cookies:
Essential cookies enable you to navigate the Site and to use its services and features. Without these absolutely necessary cookies, the Site will not perform as smoothly for you as we would like it to and we may not be able to provide the Site or certain services or features.
- Preference cookies:
Preference cookies collect information about your choices and preferences, and allow us to remember language or other local settings and customize the Site accordingly.
- Functionality cookies:
Cookies that allow us to remember visitor choices and preferences. Based on this information, we can show you more relevant information. For example, we may gather country and language preferences. If you do not allow the use of this type of cookie, it will prevent the use of certain parts of our Site and will prevent us from remembering your preferences.
- Targeting cookies or advertising cookies:With our permission, this type of cookie is placed on our Site by third parties such as advertising networks. These cookies are used to:
- Show relevant and personalized advertisements
- Measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign
- Remember your visit and share data collected with third parties, such as advertisers. Often these cookies are linked to website functionality provided by the third party.
How to Control Cookies
If you want to clear all cookies left behind by the websites you have visited, here are links where you can download three programs that clean out tracking cookies:
If you wish to opt out of interest-based advertising from our other third-party vendors, visit the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page.