Gmail Confidential Mode offers baseline access controls for messages and attachments, but many organizations face pain points because those controls are limited, the features restrict common sharing workflows, and their messages aren’t truly “confidential.” Virtru ensures data privacy with persistent protection and granular access controls that give you complete control over your data so you can collaborate with confidence.
- End-to-end encryption for messages and attachments
- Customer-hosted encryption keys to prevent blind government subpoenas
- No access by Google or other unauthorized third parties
- Secure responses for all recipients, even if they don’t use Gmail
- Seamless, secure access for non-Gmail recipients, without extra verification steps
- Persistent protection for attachments, even after download
Control and Visibility
- Automatic protection and control via DLP rules and policy enforcement
- Document watermarking
- Granular access controls (e.g. allow forward, disable download)
- Persistent visibility into recipient access and sharing
- Granular audit logs and SIEM integrations
Want to compare Gmail Confidential security against Virtru’s data protection capabilities? Download the full data sheet to read more.
What You’ll Learn:
- How Virtru compares to Gmail Confidential.
- How Virtru's end-to-end encryption for email and attachments offers enhanced security.
- How Virtru's customer-hosted keys and SIEM integration allow for greater control of your data.