Atos and Virtru announce partnership to offer a data security solution for Digital Workplace
Paris, June 13, 2019 – Atos, a global leader in digital transformation, today announced a strategic partnership with Virtru, a leading data protection platform provider that stands at the intersection of security and privacy. The partnership will provide global organizations with a joint encryption solution for Digital Workplace, protecting customer data across cloud-based platforms.
This solution combines Atos hardware encryption with Virtru’s encryption software and is aimed at organizations which are looking for easy-to-use data encryption solutions to protect data in both cloud and hybrid environments.
- Virtru’s solution, the Trusted Data Format (TDF) is an open-source data protection standard1. Designed to protect customers’ most sensitive data, the TDF protects the privacy of email, files and data – both at rest and when shared with third parties. The TDF provides persistent protection and granular control for emails, files and other data types related to the workplace environment.
- The Atos Trustway Proteccio Hardware Security Module (HSM)2 safeguards and manages digital keys – with the highest level of certification, for ultimate security. User experience is completely unaffected by the extra layer of security and the HSM simplifies auditing processes. Depending on the customer’s strategy, Atos delivers those hardware security modules either on customer’s premises or “as a service” from Atos secured datacenters.
Leveraging its integration capabilities, Atos has created a unique offering to address the high-level security required for the digital workplace, based on both Atos and Virtru products. This offering can be provided on-premise or as-a-service, depending on customer requirements and constraints.
The Atos HSM brings on extra security layer by further protecting the keys used to encrypt the customers’ data and generated by Virtru.
“As a European leader in cybersecurity, and more specifically in data protection, we guarantee the confidentiality of sensitive data. Our Hardware Security Module with state-of-the art encryption, completed with Virtru’s software encryption solution, offers ultimate security for digital workplaces – thus facilitating day-to-day work and ensuring complete end-to-end data encryption for our clients, in both cloud and hybrid environments” says Alexis Caurette, VP Head of Cybersecurity Products at Atos.
“As more organizations across the globe transition to the cloud, end-to-end security of data becomes paramount. This partnership between Atos and Virtru provides customers with a data-centric approach to security that works and is easy to use. Plus, it opens the door for future joint innovation that will help customers manage their data wherever it’s shared, while at the same time, reducing risk,” said John Ackerly, CEO of Virtru.
At Virtru, we understand that data is an organization’s most valuable asset and sharing it is critical for business success. But sharing data creates significant risk. We believe no one should have to choose between protecting data and sharing it. We help more than 5,000 organizations, large and small, across almost every industry, protect data wherever it’s created or shared so they can collaborate with confidence. Virtru provides the power to get the job done. For more information, visit www.virtru.com or follow us on Twitter at @virtruprivacy.
Visit us on social media:
- Virtru blog: https://www.virtru.com/blog/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/virtru/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/virtruprivacy
Atos is a global leader in digital transformation with over 110,000 employees in 73 countries and annual revenue of over € 11 billion. European number one in Cloud, Cybersecurity and High-Performance Computing, the Group provides end-to-end Orchestrated Hybrid Cloud, Big Data, Business Applications and Digital Workplace solutions. The group is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic & Paralympic Games and operates under the brands Atos, Atos Syntel, and Unify. Atos is a SE (Societas Europaea), listed on the CAC40 Paris stock index.
The purpose of Atos is to help design the future of the information technology space. Its expertise and services support the development of knowledge, education as well as multicultural and pluralistic approaches to research that contribute to scientific and technological excellence. Across the world, the group enables its customers, employees and collaborators, and members of societies at large to live, work and develop sustainably and confidently in the information technology space.