Beyond the Perimeter: A New Data-Centric Model for Breach Preparedness and Rapid Response
For decades, technology leaders have focused on building a strong perimeter around their networks. But that approach to cybersecurity is no longer sustainable or effective: Globally distributed teams and complex supply chains have dramatically changed the way organizations create, store, and share data. As change continues to accelerate, many enterprise leaders are rethinking their cybersecurity strategies.
In a recent webinar, Virtru’s Co-Founder & CTO, Will Ackerly, and EVP of Platform, Rob McDonald, joined Nexteer Automotive Chief Information Security & Privacy Officer, Arun DeSouza, to discuss how enterprises can adopt a data-centric approach to cybersecurity that can increase flexibility, collaboration, and cost savings for enterprise teams.
You can now access Virtru’s Beyond the Perimeter webinar on demand for full access to the video discussion, which highlights some of the most important topics in enterprise cybersecurity today.
The conversation examined several subjects that resonated with the audience, including:
- The increasing complexity of the internet of things (IoT) and the related security- and device-related challenges it creates
- How to approach an increasingly complex threat landscape where the volume and sophistication of cyber attacks are increasing, along with the number of internet-connected devices and SaaS partners.
- How a data-centric approach can positively impact your company’s bottom line.
- What a strong Zero Trust cybersecurity strategy looks like in practice—and where two large organizations recently fell short when faced with a data breach.
- How to start future-proofing your tech stack so your strategy is more sustainable. (In an audience poll, over 60% of respondents did not consider their cybersecurity strategy sustainable for the future.)
- Examples of recent breaches where a traditional, perimeter-focused approach without a strong Zero Trust implementation.
- Best practices for developing and migrating to a data-centric approach to increase flexibility, collaboration, and cost savings for enterprise teams.
- How to rethink your cybersecurity stack with data at the core.
Listen to the webinar, Beyond the Perimeter, to gain a better understanding of how you can start to build and execute a more data-centric security strategy.
To explore how we can support your organization’s journey to a more data-centric security strategy, contact Virtru to start the conversation.