We are in the beginning stages of a global movement. Data privacy is no longer relegated to esoteric conversations by those of us in the security community. It is a mainstream concern that strikes at the heart of our democracy. At its core, data privacy is fundamentally a property as well as human right vital to our national security, liberty, and innovation. At Virtru, we constantly strive to make the aspirations of this global movement a reality while also reasserting American leadership in the forefront of data privacy.
As data privacy takes center stage, we continue to expand our data protection capabilities in order to empower people and organizations to control their data wherever they decide to share it. In addition to our cornerstone email privacy products, we will be introducing exciting new file control capabilities and cloud security solutions. We will further open our platform and expand the application of the Trusted Data Format into new domains and use cases. These efforts demonstrate our ability to deliver on promises we made following last summer’s financing, and are indicative of our commitment to make data privacy accessible and a force multiplier for individuals and businesses.
As part of this commitment, we also remain vocal advocates for data privacy as a fundamental right. Below are some of our most recent publications, including my webinar with Alastair Mactaggart, author of the California Consumer Privacy Act, as well as insights on what to expect in data privacy in 2019, and introductions to the newest members of our leadership team.
- From our blog: Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Privacy by John Ackerly
- Webinar: What you need to know about the California Consumer Privacy Act
- From our blog: Redaction Fails: How to Fix Data Sharing with the Trusted Data Format by Will Ackerly
- From Dark Reading: Privacy Futures: Fed Up Consumers Take Their Data Back by Andrea Little Limbago
- RSA blog guest contributor: U.S. Data Privacy Legislation: Accountability, Transparency, and No ‘Back Doors’ by John Ackerly
- Press releases: Virtru strengthens leadership team with new Chief Marketing Officer Neville Lezterich and Chief Social Scientist Andrea Little Limbago
- From HelpNet Security: Debunking Conventional Wisdom to Get Out of the Security and Privacy Rut by Andrea Little Limbago
- From the CISO/Security Vendor Relationship Podcast: America’s Next Top Data Privacy Violator with Will Ackerly
On this Data Privacy Day, we wanted to thank each of you for placing your trust in us and for your leadership protecting this most fundamental human right. We are deeply committed to helping you respond to the ever-evolving threat landscape and the complex global regulatory environments by bringing innovative, powerful, and easy-to-use privacy solutions to market.