Securing Your Media & Entertainment Data in the Cloud
It’s no surprise that you have concerns about the privacy and security of sensitive data in the cloud. In 2019, there was more data stolen than ever before, with a total of 7.9 billion records compromised. Without the right privacy controls, data security policies, and technology in place, your data is at risk of being breached.
- Attacks on the media and entertainment industry have doubled over the last few years. More than 51% of media and entertainment firms experienced three or more cyberattacks over a 12-month period.
- 70% of identified threat activity facing the industry is related to sensitive content.
- Media companies often rely on outside vendors. Even if media companies themselves are confident in their security processes, it’s hard to track how secure third parties are.
Balancing Data Privacy with Secure Access
- Media and entertainment organizations must consider consumers’ data privacy rights while also ensuring that proprietary data—such as scripts, location data, and sources—remains confidential.
- To comply with data privacy regulations, consumers need access to their personal data on-demand. At the same time, authorized employees need access to sensitive data to collaborate with other teams and partners throughout the production process.
This level of security, privacy, and accessibility requires the implementation of new digital workflows and cloud-based infrastructures.
Download the infographic to learn more about managing sensitive media and entertainment data in the cloud.